Stream 2 Regional Innovation Ecosystem
FedDev Ontario is looking for:
- Not-for-profit organizations who contribute to fueling an entrepreneurial environment conducive to business innovation and growth.
- Regional economic stakeholders who promote the entrepreneurial talent of underrepresented groups, including women, Indigenous peoples and young entrepreneurs.
- Ways to strengthen opportunities and networks for rural businesses to support innovation and growth.
Applications can be submitted for:
- Non-repayable contributions from $500,000 up to $10 million per project.
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis with no submission deadlines. All project activities must be completed by December 31, 2023.
I. Eligible Applicants are not-for-profit organizations located in southern Ontario that may include:
- A group or an alliance such as an industry association or consortium
- Post-secondary institutions
- Innovation centres
- Business accelerators and incubators
- Angel networks
- Indigenous organizations
- Community Futures Development Corporations (CFDCs)
- Municipalities and other municipal-type organizations
- Other not-for-profit organizations, as determined on a case-by-case basis
The Regional Innovation Ecosystem stream will normally target investments that range from $500,000 to $10 million. On an exceptional basis, FedDev Ontario may approve funding amounts outside of this range.
SOURCE: Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario. (2018, December 3). Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario – Application Guide. Retrieved from http://www.feddevontario.gc.ca/eic/site/723.nsf/eng/02470.html?OpenDocument