Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario Through this Stream, FedDev Ontario seeks to enable communities to leverage their economic strengths and unique assets to:
- Enhance business attraction, investment, retention and employment opportunities in southern Ontario communities.
- Develop and expand collaborative efforts that strengthen regional competitiveness.
- Support regional businesses, hubs and communities with the goal of economic diversification, integration and transformation.
- Indigenous organizations.
- Community Futures Development Corporations (CFDCs).
- Municipalities and other municipal-type organizations.
- A group or an alliance such as an industry association or consortium that is a legal entity ...
Stream 2 Regional Innovation Ecosystem FedDev Ontario is looking for:
- Not-for-profit organizations who contribute to fueling an entrepreneurial environment conducive to business innovation and growth.
- Regional economic stakeholders who promote the entrepreneurial talent of underrepresented groups, including women, Indigenous peoples and young entrepreneurs.
- Ways to strengthen opportunities and networks for rural businesses to support innovation and growth.
- Non-repayable contributions from $500,000 up to $10 million per project.
- A group or an alliance such as an industry association or consortium
- Post-secondary institutions
- Innovation centres
- Business accelerators and incubators
- Angel networks
- Indigenous organizations
- Community Futures Development Corporations (CFDCs)
- Municipalities and other municipal-type organizations
- Other not-for-profit organizations, ...
Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario FedDev Ontario is looking for:
- Innovative and globally oriented businesses seeking to accelerate their growth.
- High-potential firms (including accelerator graduates) that are commercializing innovative products, technologies and processes.
- Firms with scale-up potential looking to improve productivity through the adaptation/adoption of highly innovative, first-of-its-kind technologies with the goal of global competitiveness and market expansion.
- Entrepreneurs and businesses in rural areas looking to grow, commercialize and improve productivity.
- No-interest, repayable contributions from $500,000 up to $10 million per project.
- Canadian or provincially incorporated businesses
- Indigenous organizations such as Indigenous-owned businesses
The program supports low-income women who are seeking to start their own business by providing financial literacy training, entrepreneurial mentoring and skills development and life skills support. These skills will ensure women’s success in starting and growing their businesses. Women who become business ready within these programs will be eligible to receive small loans (microloans) to start their businesses. Through the Microlending for Women in Ontario program, over 800 low-income women will receive business readiness supports and financial skills training to help them on a successful path as entrepreneurs. read more ...
Benefits of apprenticeship Taking on an apprentice has many benefits, such as:
- Your business, your training
When you train an apprentice to provincial and national (Red Seal) industry standards, you also train them to understand your unique workplace.
- Prepare for the future
The average age of an Ontario journeyperson is 47 years old. Taking on an apprentice trains the next generation of workers and helps you prepare for the future of your business.
- Loyal employees
Hiring apprentices early in their careers fosters company loyalty. A 2010 Canadian Apprenticeship Forum report shows that apprentices felt more loyalty to employers who trained and eventually hired them.
- Financial incentives
You are eligible for different grants and/or federal tax credits when you train or hire an apprentice. Recruiting potential apprentices through the Ontario Youth Apprenticeship Program (OYAP) can be a cost-effective way to train and hire young workers.
- Hire the best
Local colleges, high schools, training, and pre-apprenticeship programs can help you find ...